1. The Meeting- As a first time client we like to get to know you. Asking questions about your work culture and lifestyle you live is crucial to helping us help you. By finding out what you wear to work, the fundraising events you attend, the number of weddings you frequent and, the types of events you participate in gives your style consultant a better idea of what you are looking for.
2. Choosing the fabric- After the initial meeting you and your style consultant will begin looking for the desired fabric. We have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 swatches of suit material and nearly 1,200 shirting fabrics to sift through. Your style consultant will make it a manageable process by searching for specific styles to match your preferences and fit your lifestyle.
3. Style Components- Shirts: Now that you have chosen the fabric that compliments you, you will choose your collar, cuffs, placket, back style, and buttons. If you wear a tie your style consultant will help you choose a collar that will not only fit the type of knot you tie but also complement your face shape. If you are planning to use it as a casual shirt your style consultant will show you some options, such as the roll tab or button down collar, that are appropriate for the occasions you plan to wear the shirt to.
4. Measurements: To ensure a proper fit we take, at minimum, 14 measurements for shirts and 24 for suits. Another thing to consider is bringing in a suit or shirt that you really like so we have a better idea of how you prefer your clothing to fit.
For suits the wait is somewhere between 3-4 weeks. It is slightly longer for shirts taking 4-5 weeks. If you have ordered more than one shirt and it is your first time working with 9tailors we will only submit one to start with. That way we can ensure we have your measurements and fit preferences perfect before making more.
5. First fitting- After your items come in we will ask you to schedule a fitting. Now we are open 7 days a week to make it even easier to find time to come in. The fittings last for no longer than 30 minutes. You will come into the studio and try on your garments and your style consultant will walk you through each component of the suit or shirt and check on the fit. This way you can be confident in the fit of your new clothing.
For suits first round alterations are common. These are done locally and will typically take about a week to be completed. At that point you can come back to the studio for a second fitting.
6. Second fitting- After all required and requested alterations have been completed on the suit or shirt you can come back for a second fitting to confirm the fit. If you are satisfied with the fit you will be able to take it home and begin wearing it! If not, we would be more than happy to alter the item again or reorder it to your specifications. With a 100% satisfaction guarantee the risk is eliminated.
7. Take it home- After you take it home you have 30 days to test drive it. Go ahead and wash your shirts, we suggest you launder rather than dry clean them to prevent unnecessary wear and tear. Get the suit pressed and wear it out. This is the best way to really decide if something fits you properly. Go dancing, go to those client meetings, go traveling, that way you can really decide if the fit you chose fits your lifestyle and comfort preferences. If you find there is something you want to change feel free to bring it back to the studio and we will make any necessary changes, all alterations within that 30 day period are included.
8. Repeat steps 1-7. Now that you know the process don't be shy about designing all your shirts yourself. Get creative!
Contact a style consultant today at email@example.com to begin the DIY process!