We've moved! Please visit our new blog at blog.9tailors.com. You will be redirected automatically shortly.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Meet Patrick: "Dress to Fit the Setting"


Whenever Patrick visits the 9tailors studio, the good-natured gent is always clothed well. As he discusses below, he's not one for under-dressing nor over-dressing, but he has a intuitive knack for looking the part and getting it right.

A linen sports coat and cotton pants are must-haves for Spring and Summer: they're lightweight, fashionable, and follow trend without overdoing it. Patrick's light blue blazer has a half self-lining, an option we at 9tailors especially recommend for summer style. Don't be scared of linen and cotton because they wrinkle easily! And what you see here are separates: we offer full linen and cotton suits in a variety of colors.


Name: Patrick Mulready
Age: 28
Hometown: Wethersfield, CT
Current Residence: Boston, MA
Occupation: Commercial Property Insurance Underwriter

How long have you been a 9tailors client?
2 years

Why choose custom?
I don't exactly have the "off the rack" body type. I like to have everything just the right length. I would end up getting everything I bought tailored anyway, so getting things custom-made makes sense for me.

What/who inspires your style? Why?
I wouldn't say something or someone specific inspires my style but I like to dress to fit the setting. I generally get ideas in magazines or online. There are definitely certain stores sites that I look at frequently.

What is your favorite piece from 9tailors?
I like them all but I probably wear my blue gingham shirt with the pink color inlay the most.

What would be your style advice to other men in your professional field?
I'm not a big fan of business casual but I understand that it is pretty much the norm now. I would say leave the polo shirts for the golf course and barbeques and wear button-down shirts to the workplace. Always have a blazer or suit coat with you, as well.


Right on.


Take a gander at some other shots of Patrick's photo shoot, courtesy of our wonderful photographer, Channing Johnson. Or, you can view more photos of Patrick's shoot on our Facebook page here.















Shoot Details:
Location: Boston Common
Shirt: 
9tailors  
Linen Blazer: 9tailors
Cotton Pants:  9tailors 
Bow Tie: OoOTie

Accessories: SnapLnx.com
Shoes: Generic Man
Credit Card Case: Sterling Kane 


 "Like" us on Facebook. You know you want to!


Loving linen? Craving cotton? Email info@9tailors.com to book your appointment to design some Spring/Summer outfits with us!

No comments: